Terms & Conditions
Article 1 [Purpose)
These Terms and Conditions are intended to set forth the detailed performance and obligations of the domestic / overseas travel contract executed between Tae Yang Travel (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) and the Traveler.
Article 2 (Obligations of the Travel Agency and the Traveler)
1. In order to provide safe and satisfactory travel services to our travelers, the Company shall faithfully fulfill its obligations in the process of establishing and implementing travel plans such as travel arrangements, guide, transportation and accommodation.
2. The Traveler shall actively cooperate in promoting harmony among travelers and maintaining the travel order set by the Company to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.
Article 3 (Components of the contract)
1. A travel contract consists of terms and conditions of travel, and a travel itinerary (or a travel manual).
2. The travel itinerary (or travel manual) must include the travel destinations, travel details, transportation means, shopping frequency, accommodations, meals, etc., for each day of travel, the details of the service provided by the Travel Agency, and instructions for the Traveler.
Article 4 (Special contract)
The Company and the Traveler may enter into a written special agreement without violating applicable laws. In this case, the Company shall explain to the Traveler that it is different from the standard terms and conditions.
Article 5 (Issuance of the contract, terms and conditions, etc.)
If the Company has entered into a travel contract with the Traveler, the Company shall provide the Traveler with a copy of the travel contract, terms and conditions of travel, and a travel itinerary (or travel manual), respectively.
Article 6 (When the contract, terms and conditions, etc. are deemed provided)
In the following cases, it is deemed that the Company has provided the Traveler with the travel contract, terms and conditions of travel, and a travel itinerary (or a travel manual).
1. When the Traveler agrees to the contents of the travel contract, terms and conditions and travel itinerary (or travel manual) provided through the electronic information network such as the Internet, and applies to execute the travel contract, and the Company thereby notifies the Traveler of its intent of approval through the Internet or any mechenial device.
2. When the Traveler agrees to the contents of the travel contract, terms and conditions and travel itinerary (or travel manual) provided by the Company through a faximile or other mechenial device and submits a written application to execute the travel contract, and the Company thereby notifies the Traveler of its intent of approval through the electronic information network or any mechenial device.
Article 7 (Liability of the travel agency)
1. During the travel, from the time of departure to arrival, the Travel Agency is responsible for damages the Traveler sustains with regards to the obligations of the Travel Agency set forth in Article 2 Section 1 that are caused intentionally or through negligence by itself or its employees, or by the local travel agency or its employees (hereinafter referred to as ‘Staff’)
2. The Company shall reimburse the Traveler for damages caused by a delay in departure or arrival of transportation providers such as airliners, trains and ships, unless the Company proves the absence of its intention or negligence.
3. The Company shall reimburse any loss caused by destruction, damages, or delayed arrival of baggage, unless it proves that it or its Staff was not negligent in receiving, delivering, and maintaining of such baggage.
Article 8 (Cancellation of the contract if the minimum number of participants is not met)
1. In case of canceling the travel contract because the minimum number of participants is not met, the Company shall notify the Traveler within 24 hours prior to departure if it is a same-day trip, or 48 hours prior to departure if the trip lasts for 2 days or more.
2. If the Company cancels the contract due to an insufficient number of travelers without giving a proper notice set forth under the preceding paragraph, 100% of the deposit already paid shall be reimbursed to the Traveler.
Article 9 (Refusal to execute the contract)
The Company may refuse to enter into a contract with the Traveler based on any of the following reasons:
1. When it is deemed that the Traveler disturbs other travelers or interferes with the smooth execution of the trip
2. When the Traveler is deemed to have difficulties to travel due to illness or other reasons
3. When the maximum number of event participants specified in the contract has been exceeded.
Article 10 (Travel fee)
(1) The travel fee in the travel contract includes each of the following:
1. Costs of transportation by aircrafts, ships, railways etc. (based on basic transportation fares)
2. Shuttle bus fees between airport, station, wharf and hotel
3. Accommodation charges and meal charges
4. Guide expenses
5. Various taxes required during travel
6. Domestic and overseas airport and port charges
7. Admission fees to tourist sites specified in the itinerary
8. Expenses under other individual contracts
(2) The Traveler shall pay a deposit to the Company when the contract is executed, and the deposit shall be treated as a part or all of the travel fee or damages.
(3) After paying the deposit, the Traveler shall pay the remaining balance to the Company by the day before the date of departure of travel.
(4) The Traveler shall pay the travel fee of Section 1 by card, check, or bank transfer according to the method agreed by the parties.
Article 11 (Conditions under which travel conditions may be changed and settlement of travel fee, etc.)
(1) Travel conditions may be changed only in one the following cases:
1. If both parties agree that a change is unavoidable based on the request of the Traveler or the local circumstances to ensure the safety and protection of the Traveler.
2. If the purpose of the trip cannot be achieved due to natural disasters, warfare, government orders, strikes or temporary stoppage of transportation providers or accommodating facilities, etc.
(2) In case there is an increase or decrease in the travel fee of Article 11 Section (1) due to a change in the travel conditions under Section (1), any fees associated with a change made before the departure of the trip shall be settled (refunded) before departure, and any fees associated with a change made during the trip shall be settled (refunded) within 10 days after the end of the trip.
(3) If damages are incurred due to a change in the travel conditions or cancellation or termination of the contract, and not in accordance with the provisions of Section (1), damages which occur before the departure of the trip shall be settled (refunded) before the departure of the trip; damages which occur during the trip shall be settled (refunded) within 10 days of the end of the trip.
(4) If the Traveler does not receive the services included in the travel fee such as accommodation, meals, or sightseeing after departure of the trip due to his or her own personal circumstances, he or she cannot claim a refund of the corresponding fee from the Company.
Article 12 (Cancellation of the contract before the departure of the trip)
1. The Company or the Traveler may cancel this travel contract prior to the departure of the trip. In this case, the damages incurred will be reimbursed according to the Consumer Dispute Resolution Standards.
Article 13 (Termination of the contract after the departure of the trip)
1. The Company or the Traveler may terminate this travel contract if there is an unavoidable reason after departure. However, it is necessary to compensate for the damage suffered by the other party.
2. If the contract is terminated under Section 1, the Company shall cooperate with the matters necessary for the Traveler to return to his or her country. The associated costs shall be borne by the Traveler unless the Company is at fault.
Article 14 (Start and end of the trip)
The travel starts from the point of departure and ends as soon as the Traveler arrives at the final destination at the end of the itinerary ends, except when there is an change made to the contract or the itinerary.
Article 15 (Obligation to explain)
The Company must explain to the Traveler the important details set forth in the contract and/or any changes made thereto.
Article 16 (Other matters)
1. If there is any dispute about the matters not set forth in this Contract or the interpretation of this Contract, such dispute shall be decided by reaching an agreement between the Company and the Traveler. If no agreement is reached, the applicable law and/or common customs will be followed.
2. If the travel is to a special region and when there is a valid reason, a decision different from the terms and conditions may be made.